Table of Contents
Many hospices offer grief support services to individuals. Professional grief counselors and trained volunteers can help guide you through the process of mourning.
- Gilda’s Club provides support groups, workshops, and social events for people who suffer loss through cancer. http://www.gildasclub.org
- The Center to Advance Palliative Care http://www.capc.org
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization http://www.nhpco.org
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs 1-800-827-1000
- TN Dept. of Commerce & Insurance Board of Funeral Directors To file a complaint: www.tn.gov/commerce/boards/funeral
Organ & Body Donation
- Tennessee Donor Services (information) 1-888-234-4399
- Mid-South Transplant Foundation, Inc. 1-877-228-LIFE
- Vanderbilt Medical School 615-322-7948
- Meharry Medical School 1-800-386-3239
- ETSU Quillen College of Medicine 423-439-2000
- UT College of Medicine 901-448-5978
- Tennessee Donor Services 888-234-4440
Check with your congregation, and ask if a Parish Nurse, Stephen Minister,or support group is available.
Counseling may be available at funeral homes and hospices.